Before using Gestinux, you must enter a minimal set of parameters.
- Confirm the language
- Define and possibly create the database to use.
- Enter informations about your company or your organization.
You must then check some accounting basic informations
- Define fiscal years
- Define accounting journals
- Define or update your account chart
- Optionnally, define accounting entry templates with computations
- Sales categories
- Taxes (V.A.T and other taxes)
- Payment modes
- Sales units
- Sales document layouts
- Customer groups
- Product groups
- Contact titles
- Delivery areas
Rights to enter or edit setup
By default, all users can change the setup and other data.
If you want, you can create several users and forbid some changes on setup data for some of them. Up to now, this must be done with a SQL administration tool, removing some rights from some tables in the database. You can ask for help from a developer.
Menu options and buttons will always been displayed active and when some forbidden change is attempted, the user will only get an unfriendly, hard to understand message. This should be improved in the future...
Ready to go
You can then start using Gestinux